Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

What is Good?

I was reading in Micah today and was convicted by a passage that asked the question, "With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the High God?"

"Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, calves a year old?"

"Lots of stuff, my first born?"

It's easy to ask this question in many different ways. Those who struggle with ways of atoning like cutting, sacrificing their first born to pagan gods, etc. are asking this question. They are trying to atone for their sin in ways that are sins in God's eyes.

So what is the answer? "He has shown you, O man, what is good;"

"And what does the Lord require of You"

"But to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God"

There it is. God is our gracious Lord. The only thing that we must leave behind is our sin and love Him as penitent sinners, in dependence on the atoning work of Christ. And I pray that I will love the Lord more, day by day, and study His law, that I may be better equipped to humbly obey Him more, do justly, and love mercy.

1 comments:

Joshua said...

Great post. I read through Micah recently as well and found it very convicting and thought provoking.

If only ALL of God's Word grabbed me as much EVERY TIME I READ IT ;D

Soli Deo Gloria! XD
Psalm 115:1, Psalm 117