Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Prayer for Deliverance and the Good Things in Life

One thing that's come home to me these past few months is how much we need prayer. And on top of prayer that God deliver us from the temptations of our flesh, world, and the devil, we also need to pray that God gives us hearts that desire the good things. The cry in Psalm 51 should be on our hearts. The Psalmist acknowledges his sin, then cries out that God purge him with hyssop. He cries out that he can hear joy and gladness. And in verse 10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Pray that God not only removes the burden of your sin from you, but that he gives you desires for great and beautiful things. That's been my prayer more and more in my daily life.

The cry that the Psalmist gives about being able to hear joy and gladness really spoke to me. One way you can tell when you are around Christians is they are joyful and glad. I've spent most of my life in the church. But I've spent enough time around others to know that this is so true. Being around those who love Christ are incredibly refreshing to be around. They are those who you can tell have truly been washed with hyssop. They are those who have been freed from sin by the power of Christ's blood!


I thank the Lord for His healing and immeasurable mercies. 


See you all on Monday. ^_^

0 comments: