Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Disingenuous Christian

I read a post by a musician awhile ago, about how Christians aren't being real, specifically in the music industry. The post really spoke to me as something I've been convicted of, in my life. That feeling of being disingenuous. I don't want to be the person who is hypocritical and disingenuous. I want to be passionate about God and show it. When I struggle with sin, I don't want to sweep it under a rug. I want to confess my sins and cry out to God for more mercy and grace. I don't want to live in a fear of men. God is the only one to fear, and He doesn't take kindly to this hypocrisy. I think my fear of man, and the hypocrisy has come in alot of ways from my disregard of God's word. The words of one of our elders has been very helpful to me. He told me, "Pray for a passion for God and His Word." You can't replace something with nothing. You can't replace your passion for tv shows, video games, etc with nothing. And that's where in many ways I feel that element in my life has really been missing. I've always asked the Lord to help me put off sins, but not really cried out for more passion for Him. And I pray that God continues to give me more and more passion for Him my entire life. We must in a very genuine way put off our old man, and put on the new man. It won't be perfect, and we will fall. But the gift of repentance from God and His forgiveness is an amazing healing for those wounds. Be encouraged. :-) I pray we will all be more passionate for Him as the years go by.

"Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires." ~ Romans 13:11-14

0 comments: