Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful for My Dad - Day 205


Today I'm thankful for my dad. He's wonderful. I-- not being the most honoring son, of course-- don't always appreciate him enough. I'm thankful for his leadership. I'm thankful for his wise words. I'm thankful for his analytical mind. I'm thankful that he's willing to talk to me about the hard issues. I know it would be easier to ignore things. I know that it would be easier not to pastor a church. I know it would be easier not to do a daily radio program. I know it would be easier to not shepherd young guys. 


But he still does.


As I sit here thinking of the love he has shown towards me by investing in my life by countless hours of conversation, by mentoring me and loving me, tears begin to roll down my cheeks. I don't treat him as I should. I don't honor him enough.


At one point in my life, I looked up at my daddy and saw him to be a perfect man. I saw him as a giant with no flaws. As I've grown older, I have begun to see his imperfections more clearly. But while his imperfections grow to be more clear, the strong love and faith in God that he has becomes even more clear as well.


I see that he could have made way more money in engineering than he will ever make in ministry. But his heart is drawn to ministering to others. I know he has those around him who hate him and what he has to say. But when I have spent thousands of waking hours with him, I've come to know that he loves God and His kingdom. And I'm thankful that God has blessed me with such a dad.


Many children don't grow up with their father in their lives. I'm blessed beyond what I deserve.

Thank you Dad. I love you.


Picture of the Day:



2 comments:

Winslow A. Robbins said...

Thanks Bro, I needed that.
I almost started crying too.

Very true in every way.

Sisters 4 said...

I love our dad too. so. much.

~Bekah