Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fluffy Peoples

It's interesting how many Americans are very down on things like smoking, throwing yourself off buildings, shooting yourself, and other things like unto that. Yet, they eat food that causes their bodies to bloat and die. Why?! Because it tastes good... Because I don't have time to eat good food for my body... And, other excuses just as lame. Out of 194 countries our country is 9th with 74% of people being overweight! o.0 (Overweight = bmi 25+) I find it interesting how our culture is so obsessed with the look of our bodies, yet 74%+ are overweight. (Not to be confused with "the look" of being fat like the way the people in Niue think of it(they believe being fat = wealth))

Now I'm not saying people should be infatuated with their bodies. But, I think there's a responsibility for people to take care of your bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?) When you fill your body with junk, what do you expect your body to look like? JUNK! It's one of those for one action there's always a reaction sort of thing. Now, is it wrong to enjoy a McDonald's cheeseburger? Not that I know of... So, my point is eat good food and exercise. But, above all worship God.

0 comments: