Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Until They Were Gone - Day 49

I still remember the Adventure in Odyssey about Horatio Spafford. A man who lost basically all his worldly goods in the great Chicago fire and then a couple years later lost all of his children in a boat wreck. Almost like Job.

But this man penned a song that has brought peace and joy to many people after this happened, "It is Well with My Soul."

And every time I hear this song I remember all the things that this man had been through. And I remember that we shouldn't take those in our lives for granted. At any moment God may see fit to take them away from us.

Are you loving those in your life? What if they were taken away from you tomorrow? Have you told them that you love them?

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

It is well with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.



Picture of the day: (more pictures are to come from our photo shoot today - you'll see them tomorrow, here's a preview)

0 comments: