Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Forever - Day 46

I find it so easy to lose perspective. I get wrapped up in my little life very easily. It's easy to become selfish and no longer look at things long term. I see it in people's day to day lives. They're not interested in God. They're not interested in having children. They're interested in themselves and their pleasuring of themselves today.

It's weird. I always think about my funeral when I look at my life. I feel like I either see a mausoleum built with one old man standing in front of it in a black coat. And then a plane flies over and hundred dollar bills float down slowly. Then I look again and see a simple gravestone with old people, younger people, and many children. The difference being how I spent my days in my 20s and 30s. Did I make it my priority to alienate others in hopes of getting ahead, marrying my job, and in theory making it? Or did I get married, have many children, teach my children, and love my friends and family?

Life is short. Just as the flower of the field, we flourish but when the night comes we're gone and remembered no more.

Pslam 103:15-22

As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.
The LORD has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.
Bless the LORD, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
Bless the LORD, all you His hosts,
You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
Bless the LORD, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.
Bless the LORD, O my soul!

Picture of the day: (old picture)


0 comments: