Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love

Today, love is fairly lost. What most people mean when they talk about love is some sort of eros love. It's generally all about what you can get from the other person. Is that love?

Jesus said in John 15:13: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." True love is one in which you are willing to lay down your life for others. Sometimes I wonder if I could lay down my life for my family and friends. Or, is my heart too selfish and fixed on myself? Christ laid down his life for us, and if we truly love someone we'll be willing to lay down our lives for them. And, the one we should be most willing to lay our lives down for is Christ.

But Daniel I'm not faced with the decision to lay down my life for others every day. Wrong, to some extent every time we serve someone and don't follow the fleshly desires we are laying our lives down for them. Maybe we're not losing our lives as Christ did for us, but we are killing our flesh to put others before us. People used to call things like this chivalry (for guys) but it shouldn't be something forced. If your heart's not in something people will see through your facade.

Tip of the day: Life is full of choices. Make the right ones and live, make the wrong ones and die. Fairly simple. ;-)

0 comments: