Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Day 156

Today I'm thankful for my parents. I'm thankful for the overwhelming amount of blood, sweat, and tears they've invested into me. The constant flow of love that amazes me. The amazing passion for God's word. The passion for others. The humility that they approach each situation with. The willingness to humble themselves before even their children and cry out to God. I see their imperfections and sins but I am overwhelmed by the repentance and love that they show. Even when they're personally attacked I'm impressed by the wisdom and thought that is used to approach each situation. And most of all I'm grateful for the love for God and His Word. Pointing away from themselves and towards God.

Many people don't love their parents. All they do is focus on their faults. My dad is a drunk. My mom is bitter. My dad is angry, etc. etc. etc. And that's all they can say about their parents. At the point where you no longer honor your father and mother that seems like the point that you're going to become some angry and bitter person. When you can't cover over the faults of your father or mother is the point that you will be likely to betray anyone else. Honor of parents is so important. Yet it's a daily struggle. At least for me it is, maybe not for you..

I have been very blessed.

What are you thankful for today? :-)

0 comments: