Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

TGIF - Day 24

Bam. Here comes the weekend. It's time to party, get drunk, have a hangover, and brag about it next week at work.

Okay, okay I get that of the people who read this blog, nobody (okay maybe... somebody) is going to fit in the above mentioned category. But still, why are we so thankful for Friday? Is it because we don't have to work for the next two days? Or is it because we're tired of working for the man and go do something else? It really seems like it could stem from an ungrateful spirit for where God has put you in your day to day life, maybe? I don't know.

Or it could be because you get to spend time with your family and friends. Which is a great reason.

But it does seem to give us this mindset of a 5 day work week instead of working six days and resting the seventh.

Tell me what you think! ^_^

Picture of the day: Okay I didn't take this... <_<

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha. Sure. Right after I rejoiced that it was the weekend. Thanks. =P Often Saturdays provide time for our whole family to hang out. Whether it's working or playing. But I totally agree. I don't think the whole "lazy weekend" is God-honoring.