Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Offences

Sometimes, I hate being around other people. They sit on their little thrones. If you hurt their pride or attack something they believe, they become angry. By the way, I'm one of the most guilty of this act.

Then, at the same time I tend to be someone who wants to please others. I want others to be happy. I don't want people to go away angry. But, it's so much work.

In our culture of people who are raised by media and culture to become angry if their food is cold when it's served (and it's supposed to be hot.) They become flustered if you tell them something isn't going to go their way. $5.00 is a life or death issue for them.

To be honest, it can end up driving me crazy. You go to church and with most people it seems like you have to tread around them with a 10 foot pole feeling like if you say something wrong they'll get up and leave. And, that's our culture. We've been trained because of good return policies and good customer service and lots of beautifully built malls and the so many other things God has blessed us with to be whiny and ungrateful people. You get offended or turned off, well then move on to the next product, or church, or friends, etc.

And, by no means do I not struggle with these things as well...

It comes down to how much you love other people and how much you love God. God gave us commands that tell us turn the other cheek and to love one another. But, guess what it's going to be hard. I personally think I have the biggest trouble with loving other people. And I'm not talking about where you have to love each other when you're enjoying an ice cream sandwich or a fun picnic. No, it's when they're angry with you or you messed up and lost one of their dogs or something much worse... Anyways, you get the point.

In the end, what are you willing to sacrifice for friendships? Christ sacrificed his life for his friends. What are you willing to give up?

The End

P.S. This post isn't meant to offend anyone. ;-P The reason for this is in my life I don't really like to have close friendships because I understand how easy it is to offend people and the farther you keep them away the less of a chance you have to offend them or be offended. And, I'm trying to grasp the concept of close friendships and it really comes down to offering up of yourself. And, I see very few people who are willing to do this. So, if you find a friend who's willing to give up their lives for you, count that friendship precious because there are very few you'll have like this over your lifetime.

P.S.S. I apologize for all the terrible grammar mistakes... Note to self: Don't write when you're tired....... zzzz.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great points Dan.